At our site, you’ll only find unbiased reviews. However, we do earn profit from our affiliate links.
Have you lost or broken your Roku TV remote? There’s no need to rush out and buy a new one just yet.
Here, we’ve got a short guide telling you everything you need to know to get your TV up and running without the need for your Roku TV remote. In fact, you’ll be able to do much more than just turn on your TV with the steps in this guide. So, let’s jump straight into it.
How to Use the Roku Mobile App to Operate Your Roku TV
Start by heading over to the Play store for Android users or the App store for Apple users and search for “Roku Mobile App”.
The app is completely free to download and takes up minimal storage space on your mobile device. By using the mobile app, you will be able to control your Roku streaming player as well as your Roku Streaming Stick.
The Roku mobile app also allows you to search for specific channels using the keypads. You can even adjust the volume with the Roku mobile app. You can turn up or down the TV’s volume as well using private listening.
Entertainment guides can also be accessed and viewed using the Roku mobile app. Here, you can search for all the latest series, movies and trending videos at the tap of a finger. Send music, videos and photos straight to your Roku TV from your mobile device.
Downloading the Roku App for Your Mobile Device or Tablet
- Find and download the Roku app from your device’s app store.
- Once it has been installed, open up the app and locate the “remote” section.
- Follow the instructions provided by the app. These will guide you through the functions of a Roku TV.
How to Access Roku Channels Without the Use of Your Remote
- Open the Roku app on your mobile device or tablet.
- Find the “My channels” section.
- A selection of activated channels will appear.
- Select which channel you want to access.
If you have any trouble with the instructions in this guide, just head back to the beginning and start over and you will be sorted in no time.