At our site, you’ll only find unbiased reviews. However, we do earn profit from our affiliate links.
Searching for the QR code scanner in the Samsung Galaxy S8 has always been a bit of a chore. There is one simple reason why many people have been unable to locate what is supposed to be a pre-installed function: it isn’t its own app. The QR code reader is actually located inside the default internet browser.
It’s a confusing and strange setup, but we know how to reach it and you can too by following these simple instructions.
- Open up your internet browser application
- In the upper right corner tap the symbol that displays three dots
- A small menu will appear. Select the line “Extensions”
- Now activate the function by selecting “QR code reader” from the new drop down menu
Now that you have finally reached the actual page for reading QR codes you can begin scanning them with your Samsung Galaxy S8. The previous steps merely activated the app. To actually use the scanner, follow these next steps.
- Return to your internet browser extension
- Tap on the three dotted symbol once again
- Instead of selecting “Extensions” like last time, a new option will permanently appear in this initial sub menu. It will read “Scan QR Code.” Select this option instead
- Confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S8 has permission to use your smartphone’s integrated camera
- Now you may begin scanning QR codes
This second set of steps is all that needs to be repeated to use the QR code reader on your Samsung Galaxy S8 device from now on.