At our site, you’ll only find unbiased reviews. However, we do earn profit from our affiliate links.
Do you find yourself lost without the trusty remote control for your Samsung TV? If so, you’re not alone. Finding a new Samsung TV remote can be an inconvenient yet necessary part of life. Fortunately, there are some great options that can make replacing your lost remote easier.
This blog will provide various solutions and helpful tips to make sure getting rid of those pesky blues doesn’t take too long. From SmartThings apps to universal remotes, we’ll help guide you through the journey of finding your perfect replacement – let’s go!
- You can use the control panel buttons on the side of your Samsung TV to turn it on/off, change volume levels, and switch between inputs.
- SmartThings app allows you to access all remote features from your smartphone without any active WiFi connection required.
- Universal remotes are user-friendly and affordable alternatives for controlling multiple devices with one remote instead of having multiple ones around the house.
- Wireless keyboards & mouse provide the same level of convenience as using a computer, while protective covers shells out extra protection against potential damage while handling or storing away the device so that you don’t risk losing another remote again in the future!
Solutions for Lost Samsung TV Remotes
There are several ways to replace a lost Samsung TV remote, including using the Control Panel buttons on the TV itself, downloading and installing the SmartThings app on your smartphone, or purchasing a universal remote.
Use the Control Panel Buttons
The control panel buttons on a Samsung TV are incredibly convenient for those who have lost their remote. By pressing the power, volume, and input keys on the control panel at the back of the TV, you can turn your device on and off, adjust its volume levels, switch between inputs (HDMI/ AV/ Component ),and access other features like Picture settings or Channel source.
Although using these buttons cannot recreate all functions accessible via remote controls, such as launching certain apps or Voice activation commands , they still provide an easy solution to operate your TV without any hassle in case your remote is misplaced.
Install the SmartThings App on Your Smartphone
Installing the SmartThings app on your smartphone is an easy and convenient way to control your Samsung TV when in remoteness situations. You can find and download the free SmartThings app from either Google Play Store (for Android users) or Apple App Store (for iOS users). After you have downloaded and installed the SmartThings app, you will need to create an account within the app and then log into it using your credentials.
Once logged in, you can link your device with your Samsung TV by allowing access to the ‘Smart remote’ feature of the app. Now you can use all the features of the remote easily from your smartphone, such as Program Guide, Channel Changing, Volume Up/Down, Power On/Off, etc. Also, this app has a unique Remote Tracker feature which helps locate missing remotes that are paired with it.
Use a Universal Remote
Universal remotes offer a great solution for those with lost Samsung TV remotes. They are easy to set up and can be used to control any compatible Samsung Smart TVs, including those from 2015 or later models.
The benefit of using a universal remote is that you can control several devices, such as your TV, Blu-ray Player, DVD Player, Soundbar, and more, with the same remote, thus saving you the hassle of having multiple remotes all over the place.
Universal remote is also a much more affordable option than purchasing an original replacement from Samsung or third-party companies when you misplace your original device. With its interesting features like preprogrammed buttons customized according to different apps installed in your device coupled with simple guide manuals – operating these universal remotes become easier for all users making them convenient representatives of traditional physical remote controls often times lost or misplaced by even tech-savvy people due ease during usage!
Other Options for Lost Samsung TV Remotes
Aside from the SmartThings app and universal remote, users can also try using a wireless keyboard and mouse to control the Samsung TV or opt for purchasing a compatible replacement model.
Use a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
A wireless keyboard and mouse can provide a great alternative for controlling a Samsung TV when the remote is lost. This type of setup offers the same level of convenience and familiarity as working with a laptop or computer, making it much easier to get used to using in lieu of a Samsung TV remote.
Additionally, some models may have compatibility options with specific wireless keyboards and mice that offer more enhanced functionality, such as voice search and gesture control support. Furthermore, wired variants are also available that require only minimal effort to set up; merely plug it into the USB A port on the back side of your device.
This way, you can still enjoy your favorite shows without having to panic over where you put your old TV remote!
Purchase a Compatible Replacement
When you’ve lost your Samsung TV remote, one option is to purchase a compatible replacement. There are both inexpensive and higher quality options available, so it’s important to shop around.
- Specific remote included with Samsung TVs – This is the original remote that came with your Samsung TV or projector; however, this can be hard to come by as replacements may not always be available from official sources.
- Compatible replacement remotes – These universal remotes are designed for many types of TVs and should work perfectly on your model of Samsung TV. Many online retailers offer such devices at competitive prices, and they often feature all the same buttons as the genuine version, making them extremely easy to use without extensive setup required.
- Silicone Protective Case Cover for Samsung Smart TV Remotes – This protective cover shells out some additional protection against any potential damage done while handling or storing away the device so that you don’t risk losing a replacement remote again in the future!4 Specialty remotes – Some companies specialize in producing tailored remotes specifically designed for more advanced setup needs like IPTV streaming boxes iView HD boxes etc., though they may cost considerably more than generic brands and will sometimes require finding a specialty store-specific models according to make/model number before purchasing. 5 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse – Thanks to modern technology, most devices support or accept input from wireless keyboards & mice, which makes controlling these devices much easier regardless of the brand. Due initially, syncing requires multiple steps, but once completed, it’s smoother operation every time until reconnection is necessary again!
Use an IR Remote App
Using an IR remote app is one of the simplest and most convenient options to replace your lost Samsung TV remote. These apps are available for both Android and iOS devices, allowing you to adjust settings on your Samsung Smart TV right from the palm of your hand.
The app will connect directly to your smart TV or set-top box via a Wi-Fi connection, giving you access to a range of features. With advanced navigation control and voice command integration, these apps can not only perform all the tasks that come with traditional remotes but also provide access to exclusive content libraries as well as other specialized functions like motion control gaming.
In addition, many IR remote apps also support multiple tech appliances at once, including air conditioners and sound systems — making it easy for users to bundle their gadgets in one neat package accessible through one interface alone!
Overall, losing your Samsung TV remote does not have to be a major headache. There are various solutions available that can help you regain control of your television without having to purchase expensive replacement remotes or call in technicians.
You can use the Control Panel buttons on the side of the TV itself for navigating and controlling volume functions if necessary, as well as downloading apps like SmartThings and ControlMeister, which offer remote-like features from a smartphone–allowing users to add new devices or set timers.
Additionally, universal remotes give users all the functions of their original ones, allowing them control over their TVs even when they don’t have their original pack handy.